YM Status:

Forum Martial Talk

Hey Tellner, what is Balur Silat? Is it hard to get your hands on? It sounds interesting. I use a Tit Dar my ex Sifu still sells to me.

Balur Silat is an Indonesian liniment most commonly used by practitioners of Cimande and other styles that employ severe conditioning of the forearms and shins.

There are several recipes. The version I use (and make) comes from Mushtaq Ali Al-Ansari who learned it during his travels in Indonesia. It is a preparation of eighteen herbs in an organic coconut oil base including adaptogenics, anticoagulants, anti-inflammatories, analgesics and others. It also conforms both to Chinese and Ayurvedic medicinal theory. The stuff takes several months to prepare. Mushtaq goes for a total of about two. I take six.

Effects? My wife bruises very easily. When she uses Balur on the bruises they dissolve away within a day or so. It works on the deep bone bruises very well. In fact, that's one of its main uses. I've seen before and after x-rays of Cimande players who used it while conditioning. The bones were definitely more radiolucent and thicker. It's not some sort of miracle ointment, but it does seem to promote accelerated healing that allows the practitioner to build himself up slightly faster than the training is breaking him down :)

If you're interested contact me through PM or email.

Sumber: MartialTalk